Ebola outbreak disrupts life along DRC-Uganda border
Digest more
Uganda said that flights to and from the Democratic Republic of Congo would be temporarily suspended, as the outbreak appeared to spread to a rebel-controlled province in Congo.
The Department of Homeland Security on Wednesday announced new arrival restrictions for people who were recently in Democratic Republic of Congo, Uganda, or South Sudan.
The World Health Organization has declared the Ebola outbreak in Congo and Uganda a public health emergency of international concern, after officials identified more than 250 suspected cases and 80 suspected deaths linked to the disease.
The outbreak of a rare strain of Ebola that went undetected for several weeks in the Democratic Republic of Congo—and which has now spread to Uganda—is raising concerns about regional and global authorities’ ability to effectively respond.
JOHANNESBURG, May 17 - The World Health Organization on Sunday declared an ‌Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo and Uganda to be a public health emergency of international concern. The WHO said the outbreak,
Africa's top public health body has confirmed a new Ebola outbreak in Congo's remote Ituri province. There are 246 suspected cases and 65 deaths so far.
The World Bank has dispatched staff and resources to the eastern Democratic Republic of Congo to respond to the Ebola outbreak, and is putting together a financing package to ‌ensure more funding can be made available rapidly,
An outbreak of Ebola was confirmed in May 2026 in Central Africa. This disease reached Dallas before, in 2014.
WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus has declared the Ebola disease outbreak in Congo and Uganda a public health emergency of international concern after more than 300 suspected cases and 88 deaths.